The Last 5 Looks - Spring 10x10
The Spring style challenge is complete after 10 days and 10 items. Overall, this was a fun week and a half utilizing what I already own and making it work! And it did work (with just a few minor tweaks).
If you missed the first 2 write ups about the challenge check them out here:
The Challenge Prep
The First 5 Looks
THE LAST 5 LOOKS
The last 5 looks were worn from Saturday to Wednesday so it was a mixture of outings. The weather over the last weekend also dropped to 50 degrees so I paired some of the outfits seen below with some warmer items like jackets, tights and scarves.
I tended to rely on a few staple items to rewear rather than experimenting with new outfits. I would have worn my chambray button down daily if people wouldn't have noticed. But overall was happy with the outcomes and choices to be comfortable through the challenge!
THE FINAL TAKEAWAYS
- Overall, I loved every item that I chose in my 10 items. I will continue to use them as staples in my closet
- I've learned that I can get by with LESS items and can create great outfits if I have the correct items in my wardrobe that can be versatile -- this will help me purchase better for the future. If an item can't be paired with 3+ items in my, I probably should not make that purchase
- Weather is hard to predict during the Spring season and therefore made the last 5 days difficult (and not as fun) to keep with the 10 items
- The challenge opened a lot of conversations about minimal wardrobes, ethical fashion and what even is a style challenge. It was a lot of fun to do this alongside several ladies and see the community from the #Spring10x10
WHAT I'D DO DIFFERENTLY NEXT TIME
- Choose only two shoe options, rather than 3 : Another top would have been useful for the 10 days rather than shoes (I only ended up wearing the Veja sneakers once because of the rainy weather)
- Continue to experiment with different outfit changes and how to switch up a look! I ended up wearing several outfits on repeat because I was most comfortable in them (which is okay but not adventurous!)
- A technical change : I would photograph my challenge to display each item a little more clearly and create a more uniform look for the 10x10 write ups
OTHER FAVORITES FROM THE #Spring10x10
There were a lot of women who partook in the style challenge over the past couple of weeks and I was inspired by a lot of looks and ideas that they came up with. Just searching through the hashtag helped provide ideas for my current and future challenges. Check out a few below: